Wednesday 6 January 2010

2009 In Picture Postcards - Patrick Wolf

"2009 for me was more about struggle than anything. Laughter and optimism being the conqueror over recession and depression. The picture of me on the scooter was taken by my violinist Victoria.  It was the last day of tour and ive spent 2009 getting sober and getting my head straight, so last day of tour we got hammered on the beach down in melbourne and i'm sure we've all been there, sometimes you just want to get sexy with an automobile!  (this picture just makes me laugh.. I was literally pissing myself with laughter as i posed for this picture!)"


"I thought 2009 had an absolute terrifying excess of celebrity culture. People like gordon brown from the sun and all this tabloid culture I have become a lot more sensitive to and disgusted by as I get older. As I got more confident and proud of my sexuality last year I become more aware of subliminal homophobia within the media and too misogyny"

"Another huge moment was my american tour where I became obsessed with CHOLAS and decided I would love to adopt a mexican baby one day. I am definitely part mexican somehow. This is a picture of me with the cholas on my photo booth." 


 "Also i included a picture of my stage plot from my palladium show and a picture you sent me from latitude as these were two big memorable show moments for me this year. 


The whole of 2009 was sometimes a tough fight for many of my friends but I think we came out winning, as what I learned in 2009 is all we ever really need to survive is the love of our friends and a little love in our hearts to give
something positive to the world. of our friends and enough love to give. Money comes and goes as does celebrity and vanity.
Here's to the next decade being more about humanity and less fame fame fame bullshit culture! x"

Patrick Wolf, Musician


No comments: