Wednesday 20 April 2011

Weds 20th April: Pelicans and Parrots with Susie Bubble














Pelicans & Parrots from HUH. on Vimeo.



Susie Lau (a.k.aSusie Bubble) came to visit me at Mouse & De Lotz today for tea and a complimentary taste of their mixed berry cake with rose petals. Whilst sampling this local delicacy we discussed the surrounding area and its burgeoning hot spots of interest and independent business. It transpires that her bus route into E8 runs straight past Pelicans and Parrots so I whisked her up Arcola straight into the the beautifully stocked boutique. Here are snaps of the mix of items that make up the homeware and fashion range which I covered when the store opened in September. On today's visit the rails were rife with dangerously gorgeous garms I wanted to run away with. Susie eyed up a tree bark print Moshchino jacket and I cooed over a coral silk jumpsuit and these cosmic white shorts with spectrum detail. Aside from the stock of colour blocked leather hot pants and polka dot sundresses ............ check out this record player side board which is possibly my favourite item!!!! Watch this film by HUH magazine to get more of an insight into the vibe of Pelicans & Parrots World.

Pelicans & Parrots, 40 Stoke Newington Road,Dalston,London N16 7XJ, Tel. 020 3215 2083

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i always pop in to pelicans and parrots on my way to The Print Club London, its an ace shop.I have to ignore the name though as I have an irrational fear/hatred of birds..

Unknown said...

There is way too much temptation in that place.. such an amazing shop.