Wednesday 12 November 2014

Weds 12th Nov: PARIS = The Foundation Louis Vuitton












I swore in the previous post describing exhibitions in Paris as bloody brilliant ........ well I'm going to have to go further with this one and say it is FUCKING AMAZING!  That is the Foundation Louis Vuitton.  You could easily rock up and bathe in the beauty of the building for free without paying the entrance fee to see the gallery cocooned inside this sic-fi Frank Gehry architectural feat.  It's as if it has flown in from another planet and planted itself in the glorious gardens of the Jardin d'Acclimatation.  I was absolutely blown away and then doubly smacked with excitement when I discovered that a few of my favourite artists were the commissioned practitioners in the current curated collection within.  Here are photos of the Olafur Eliasson's "Inside The Horizon" which takes over the basement space, flooding it with yellow light and a succession of mirrored pillars that act as a kaleidoscope when you walk along the gangway that intersects the water of the Grotto.  I also loved the Cerith Wyn Evans "A-F-L-O-A-T" sound sculpture of 20 glass flutes hung in the shape of an eclipse, playing notes composed in response to the gallery's architecture.  I'm going to have to re-visit this place as soon as I can because the day of my visit the auditorium was closed which features a rainbow chromatic stage curtain by Ellsworth Kelly!!!!!!  Could this get any better!!!  GAH!!

No comments: