Thursday 4 September 2008

Thurs 4th Sept: Bye Bye Bugaboo

Last eve I dragged my sleep-deprived self into town for the UK launch of the Quinny collaboration collection with Henrik Vibskov. I have been a big fan of the Danish prolific talent since I saw his insane boob sculpture garden at last year's Arnhem Biennial.
To display the range of prams and kiddy paraphernalia he had filled The Vinyl Factory venue with large wooden star jack shapes stacked up together.
The line was inspired by a fairytale devised by Vibskov. The story starts with outcast colourful misfit characters that live in a wood and play music in a band. Over time the songs gain notoriety and they become accepted by the outside world and end up as a world famous collective! This story resulted in 3 psychedelic prints called "Mad, Rainbow, Raindrop".
HELLO! I like the sound of this! Not to mention the penguin baby-grow!
I was overjoyed to find this poncho in my goody bag which I have shot on one of Andy Hillman's props in keeping with the woodland fairytale theme.

No comments: