Wednesday 1 October 2008

Weds 01 October 08: On the box

Yesterday I had my first encounter with the TV world. I surprised myself immensely by a) agreeing to do it b) actually finding myself doing it on the day. Its not in my nature to do this kind of thing at all. Im too shy to even say boo to a ghost.
But I told myself that I should do it because I love watching old TV clips so much on youtube............especially the few rare appearances that Leigh Bowery made on incongruous chat shows. Seeing him out of his normal comfort zone and a bit nervous is so endearing and enlightening. Here is a perfect and bizarre example. For anyone who hasn't see this before, wait for the quote of Gary Glitters career when he innocently retorts about knowing how to please young boys.................
Hmmm anyway, back to Bowery. So it made my day and the whole thing worthwhile when I found out that the show had borrowed in an actual vintage Bowery outfit to feature. Heaven! What a fantastic sign from above that it was the right decision............
.........well, lets wait and see.............I will post when it is going to be aired so watch this space..........

No comments: