Tuesday 3 March 2009

Tues 3rd March: Killer Cutie

One of the nicest unexpected things to occur over the duration of my stand at LFW was to have an illustrator come and draw my pieces live and direct. Kila Carr- Ince was comissoned by The Daily to cover my collection by getting creative and colourful. I was so touched that time, effort and consideration went into the feature that appeared in the paper last Monday. Kila brought inks, paints and various pens to my exhibition space and spent substantial time reinterpreting my craziness in her sketchbook. Here is the result that was published which really captures the essence in a refreshing way compared to a straight forward digital snap.
Kila coincidentally also has her own accessories line of hand painted wooden necklaces and illustrated pin badges which she sells at the Brick Lane boutique Lik & Neon. Beautiful!




No comments: