Tuesday 1 September 2009

Tues 1st Sept: Ritta Ikonen Profile Part VI



And these mates, I have lost their origin. But they are important.

Had a wonderful haircut here one day... all done with clippers!

Who knows what this place was called..., but it was pretty incredible. A blessed shop where I finally found a foot for my little random sewing machine, found abandoned on the streets of Brooklyn.

To finish off Ritta's profile here is a selection of random things that made her chuckle on her adventure...........quite a good measure of her comedic sensibility. When I knew that Ritta was going to NY I put her in touch with another NY/LON photographer friend of mine -Annie Collinge as I knew that they would get on.....both with the same ridiculous sense of humour and quirky aesthetic. I was right.......according to Annie :
" thank you for putting me in touch with Riitta, she is very funny, she took me to lecture about NY waste disposal..."
Wish I had been a fly on the wall for that one!

No comments: