Wednesday 16 December 2009

Weds 16th Dec: 100 Portraits by Nick Knight









Yesterday I had a once in the life time opportunity to have my portrait taken by Nick Knight.  Wow, that'll be one to tell the grand kids!  
It was a joint portrait with my soulmate/muse/L.O.V.E ROWDY SUPERST*R.  We were the last entry on a jam-packed day of sittings for the 100 portraits project to be printed in the 30th anniversary issue of i-D magazine.  Nick told us that he has already shot 130 subjects so far since starting at the beginning of this month.  He is continuing the onslaught of capturing a comprehensive roster of characters for another 10 days until the closing of The Fashion Revolution exhibition at Somerset House.  Here you can see Henry Holland who I snapped from the other side of the studio to illustrate how you can watch the live shoot through a 2 way mirror from within the show.  Here are fellow blondies Katie Shillingford and Karen Langley (fashion editors, Dazed Magazine) who had just come off set from their duo slot.  They assured me that it wasn't too scary!  Which..........it wasn't at all for my turn with Rowdy.  It was hilarious!  Nick perceptively hooked into our relationship and orchestrated me standing still whilst he had great fun directing Rowdy to jump around and pull larger than life shapes across the rest of the screen.  I wasn't very proficient or professional in maintaining my poise ...........I kept cracking up...........but I think that gave a few alternative shots for the mix.............I can't wait to see the final black and white portrait..........we looked over the series afterwards and the lighting is incredible!  
My outfit was an insanely cosmic catsuit specially made by weareallinone for the day which went down very well and prompted requests for "more snood".  I accessorized the " onsie" with a piece from my new collection and a piece from my archive..........with makeup by Thomas De Kluyver.  Rowdy wore Jaiden RVA James with customised knee pads by me and a helmet design from my S/S 2010 collection which I remade in black on his request!
(images top to bottom:  Screen grab by Alex Fury, more by Amy Gwatkin,  Thomas K at my studio for the make-over, my snaps from Somerset House).
(Happy Birthday to Alex Fury who celebrated the auspicious event with a yummy Thornton's chocolate cake!)

No comments: