Tuesday 5 June 2018

Tuesday 5th June: Barcelona Adventures, Part 3








Going to Barcelona with an architect meant that we had some great insider guidance on what to see, like the 
Mies van der Rohe’s modernist Pavilion. In addition to the many Gaudi buildings dotted around, we also made a trip to the magnificent Fundació Joan Miró.  I was so pleased that I had been to the Miro musuem in Mallorca last year so I had some background to really appreciate another magical purpose-built space for his work by his friend Josep Lluís Sert.  In addition to Miro's own work are galleries for contemporary art exhibitions, including this light installation which transformed the white interior just like the stained-glass of the Sagrada Família.  In just a couple of days being tourists we had experienced so many beautiful sights and I feel incredibly lucky to have had the chance to do so.  If like me, you still have Barcelona on your bucket list, book it now!!!

See my archive Miro post here.

No comments: