Friday 29 August 2008

Friday 29th August: Emma Roach

When I went to a Kylie concert last month, I was so excited to see that Emma Roach was credited for costumes and props. I thought that everyone else would be as facsinated as me to know what the process was, so I asked her how the project came about. I normally edit snippets to go with images but I like her explanation so much, I have left it intact:

"I had been working with William Baker since he spotted my work in Italian Vogue. The joan of arc inspired, satin armour piece, originally commissioned by Jacob K, was then remade in miniature for Kylie. After that, the tour was a whirlwind somehow, I started producing armour and robocop induced helmets for the dancers . With a common interest in 70's sci fi and all things camp, I understood William's references and within weeks of the opening dates, we began work on the props for the tour. The stage had been designed with a video floor, on which stage props were to breeze through for a song or two. It was a pleasure to work alongside costume designer Stevie Stewart, she is hilarious. There were times when it felt trapped in a perpetual Doctor Who mirage but it was great. If I had known when I was younger, that I might not grow up to be a car mechanic, but still wear dunagrees and work with Kylie, I think I would of been a very happy girl.

Since the tour I have been working on window displays for MCM along side Fiona Golfar, editor of Vogue. I am also working on concepts for next seasons editorial shoots, traveling and fine tuning my table tennis skills.".



To find out about the rest of Emma's job archive refer to: www.emmaroach.com which will be updated in the next couple of weeks.....................

Thankyou so much Emma for taking time to compile this for me, its really fantastic, can't wait to see what else is in store......





1 comment:

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

Oh cool interview. Nice that Stevie Stewart is back on the scene too...