Thursday 24 February 2011

Thurs 24th Feb: David Koma A/W11








I'm forever a fan of David Koma and having sat down to scan the press release before the show began, I was full with excitable expectation. Noted inspirations read like a list of my favourite fashion heroes - Japanese dot artist Yayoi Kusama and body distortion entity Leigh Bowery. David fused these references together in layers of laser cut optical circles in seams that twisted and jutted in tight tailoring. Polka-dot prints became three-dimensional at precise anatomical points, with large soft primary colour fur pom-poms. Apparently the wrap-around multicolour fur collar opens out to form a dangling accessory of mini separate balls that fall down the front of the wearer. Ive seen a few garments I would love to scoop up into my monochromatic dream wardrobe this season - but this collection is bang on the money - my imaginary Monopoly money If had some!

See the whole collection on the blog from his stylist Kim Howells, click here.
Thanks to Anna Murray for lending me her photos that are far superior to mine!

No comments: