Thursday 30 August 2012

Thurs 30th Aug: Kitty and The Bulldog at the V&A














The V&A have just acquired nine outfits of Tokyo's "Lolita"  street  style for their permanent collection which is very exciting for me as this was the subculture that I discovered for my Harajuku dissertation in 2001.  I saw the first wave of  kawaii Victoriana emerging and now its officially recognised and documented for future V&A visitors.  The collection is currently on display until January with a Friday Late event tomorrow named "Loli-Pop" for all you cuties to enjoy an evening of fancy dress and sweet stuffs............. see here for more details.  See a post on my dissertation here.

1 comment:

Cat Sims said...

Fabulous to see them on display isn't it. Did you make it to Loli-POP? A spectacular array of colour everywhere you looked!