Wednesday 27 April 2016

Wednesday 27th April: PickMeUp 2016 "Selects" at Somerset House

Alice Bowsher











The first gallery you encounter at the graphic & illustration showcase "Pick Me Up" is entitled "Selects" and features emerging talent selected by a panel of industry experts.  Their work has been made new especially for the event and shown alongside preparatory sketches and process paraphernalia.  Here are my top pics from the people chosen by judges such as Darkroom's Rhonda Drakeford who I'm sure had something to do with liking the pieces by Isabel & Helen.  These were also my favourite by far because they were so unique, fresh and well made.  The ornamental instruments "The Noise Makers" actually move at surprise timed intervals which made me jump - but I loved it!

Meet the artists on a daily revolving schedule of residencies.

No comments: