Friday 27 June 2008

Fri 27th June: The Fashion Almanac

Laura Bradley has just graduated from CSM with 1st class honors. I can see why. Today I received her magazine "The Fashion Almanac" in the post in a very well considered silver and transparent envelope. The whole concept, design, content and execution is far superior to many of the major titles currently of the shelf. I particularly appreciate the wit in several of the articles. For instance one breaks down and analyses a designers bow at the end of a runway show........another is a list of difficult fashion names with their phonetic pronunciation. My favorite that particularly tickled me is a time line chronology of Nick Knights assistants. This is such a smart entry into the editorial world. Smart but not smug as so many other officious fanzines of the moment.


No comments: