Friday 30 December 2011

Friday 30th Dec: Makeover at Shu Uemura




If you fancy getting some special sparkly makeup done for New Years eve, I recommend going to a cosmetics counter for a makeover ahead of the big night. Yesterday my best friend wanted to celebrate her birthday in this style and she selected Shu Uemura
as her brand of choice which was perfect for me because I needed some new eye-lash curlers, and they are by far the best! We took it in turns on the hot seat discussing our Essex heritage and how this is the done thing for a girl's night out and also the advantages of having naturally gigantic eyebrows which have at last come into fashion thanks to the "scouse-brow". We each opted for different looks from Vicky's smoky eyes to Anna's red lips and my trademark sixtie's eyeliner which I'm always trying to learn to apply myself. This turned out to be a fitting face to have when we ended up at The Donovan Bar which is dedicated to the photographer of London's swinging 60's scene. The walls of the Mayfair salon are hung with his iconic black and white prints including portraits of Mary Quant, Celia Hammond, Terence Stamp and Dudley Moore. It was an accidental discovery but a very happy one, since birthday girl Anna is a photographer herself!

No comments: