Sunday 11 December 2011

Sun 11th Dec: Little Dragon with Hannah Marshall


Last Sunday night I was tucked up in bed and got a last minute invite by Hannah Marshall to see Little Dragon play at the Shepherd's Bush Empire. I ran across town and was so happy to be there to see their brilliant live performance. I first discovered Little Dragon in 2008 when I used to dj with Teo Connor and she span "Constant Surprises" during our set at the Architecture Association graduation party. Its funny that the sentiment of that tune comes true in life so many times ........ fate and coincidences that occur ..... ironically especially on this evening when I wasn't expecting to be able to catch them until just before the show! Thanks Hannah! Ive also now got the album on vinyl which features artwork of all of the band's parents and grand parents in their wedding photos which is something I personally treasure, having my own one up on my studio wall. This is one of my favourite albums of the year ........ go get Ritual Union if you haven't already!!

(Left to Right: Hannah, Yukimi, Romy Fredrik)

1 comment: