Tuesday 15 September 2015

Tuesday 15th Sept: Serpentine Pavilion 2015 by selgascano









This year's Serpentine Pavilion 2015 designed by selgascano is basically my dream piece of architecture.  The maquette looks like one of my accessories with its graphic shapes, multicolour plastic, iridescent film and rainbow lines.  I haven't had time to visit it before now and here are just some quick snaps from my phone when I was cycling past.  I need to return to get some proper photos - especially at night when it's lit up like a cosmic glow worm.  The Spanish duo have actually called the chrysalis-like structure "The Hungry Pavilion" after Eric Carle's classic illustrated book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".  One of my favourite books as a kid .............. all makes sense!!!!  


(Post originally filed on Aug 4th, now upgraded with MORE cosmic photos!!!) 

No comments: