Thursday 4 December 2008

Thurs 4th Dec: Its Nice That

This week graphic duo "No Days Off" have been the guest secret squirrels on the aptly titled blog "Its Nice That". The site was launched in 2007 by Will Hudson and Jez Burrows as a platform to both feature and inspire the creative industries. Under the subheading and catergory of "Its Not Us", Pat and Teo have so far written entries on Photographer Jason Evans and Musicians Sian Alice Group. Today's write up was about my work and how I regularly make things that never actually get seen. Here is a necklace I was commissoned to make for the Roald Dahl story in the summer for last months Vogue but didn't make the final cut. It now adorns my studio wall and will come in use one day I am sure. Its funny how that happens. My archive pieces sometimes get a 2nd lease of life and chance to blossom after an initial false start .
Check out www.itsnicethat.com for an extensive archive of ......................well............things that are nice..............


No comments: