Monday 13 April 2009

Mon 13th April: Easter Bonnet Pineapple Parade

If there was any one thing I made sure of doing this Easter, it was catching my local Easter Bonnet Parade. I nobley patronised the event as a mere spectator rather than a contestant, so as not to steal any thunder and clear the board on my 1st entry. How wrong could I be! Check this out! The kid who had a giant "egg-stinct" Archaeopteryx was out of control! Not only did the eyes and beak light up, but it also had a hidden sqwarking noise mechanism installed. There was an "Easter Party Liner" ship with spinning LED fans. Other bonnets of note was this fantastic hot egg complete with soldiers and the various pineapple theme variations in honour of the event's home - The Pineapple pub. Never again will I be so presumptious with my hat making skills, this is clearly an annual affair with a serious callibre of competitors. I love that insane English traditions are not dying out and still alive, well and crazy in the confines of Camden Town.






No comments: