Saturday 3 October 2009

Sat 3rd Oct: David Koma






From the mosaic makeup of Peter Philips to the mosaic magic embroidery of David Koma.  Here is his first collection since graduating from the MA at CSM and my word, I want to wear it!  Check out the stained glass prism neck and arm pieces............HELLO!   David and I share the same stylist  Kim Howells and I can't believe she kept this under her hat and didn't squeal the spectrum secret to me before the show.  As I sat and watched the girls slink down the catwalk in their ity-bitty body-con dresses I was completely locked in and wanting to dash backstage to take a closer look.  I am in love with the Keith Haring looking squiggle seams and Mondrain colour palette.  Very New York Boogie Woogie!  That's my own interpretation, not bible (Ive lost the press release!).  So look out for these statement S/S 2010 pieces and remember the name behind the super sexy jazzy minis - David Koma.

2 comments:

Olviya said...

David is great! so glad to see each year some new names, that promise to rock the fashion world. lovely!

rachel gilman said...

holy sh*t!!!