Friday 2 October 2009

Sat 3rd Oct: Why I LOVE Peter Philips


To quote myself (
from my guest posting on ItsNiceThat)..... :  "Whenever I see makeup that prompts involuntary ooh and arh appreciation noises similar to that of fireworks night, the man responsible is always Belgian artist Peter Philips. He uses the face as a canvas and consistently pushes the boundaries of makeup as a medium. It is clever, concise, breathtakingly fresh and innovative; using random materials integrated into the cosmetics. No wonder he has been appointed Global Creative Director of Chanel makeup." ..................here lies a case in point.............
............yesterday Andy Macgregor* was flicking through archive Arena Homme Plus from 2003/4 and came across this ...........held it up and said "you'd like this"............to my reply.........."BLOODY HELL WHATS THAT, GIVE IT TO ME NOW.........I BET THAT'S PETER PHILIPS"......Guess what?..........yep, it is, of course.........the man is a living legend.
Im guessing these are chips from Plastic Land, Canal Street, NYC (R.I.P).  God I miss that shop.

*  Happy Birthday Andy..........have a great day!  I'll let you off not being here to keep my company today..............Its a pleasure to sit next to you every day, especially when you 2nd guess my taste so perfectly and share treasures like this!

1 comment:

THOMAS DE KLUYVER said...

Peter Philips is my number 1 fave makeup artist! So inspirational.